Thursday, June 4, 2009

San Jose

Well, I'm in San Jose now, using the university's computer lab. Some of the people here are really interesting, but I'm having trouble speaking out. I need to get over being shy around new people, or Japan isn't going to be as fun as it could...
The planes were crazy! My first plane was delayed about an hour and a half, so I almost missed my connection in Denver! I literally had to run! Then there was a lot of turbulence as we crossed th Rocky's, but after that the flight went smoothly. I like United Airways waaaaaaaay better then Southwest. Like, no comparison! I got to watch TV on the plane! That was way new.
Now we are staying at San Jose State University (or something like that). The dorms are nice, some people were complaining, but I could really care less. Its a bed, and blankets; it's warm, inside, and they provide us with food.
Worst thing is I'm pretty sure everyone here speaks more Japanese than me. Everyone is saying things, and of course I still don't have the confidence to speak hardly at all. To make things worse, I'm always thinking "nein" instead of "iie" among other things.
Well, I'm going to go now.
Miles, take care of your hand, don't cut it again!
Everyone else, take care! Love you all and I'll try to update soon!!

Amelia

3 comments:

  1. You'll definitely get more confidant as you get more comfortable around the others. You're good at making friends, so you shouldn't worry. And, TV? Really? That's awesome. I think it'll just take some time to get into Japanese mode, sometimes I get my Spanish and Japanese mixed up, so don't worry too much. I think you'll have an amazing time, you just need to get over your nervousness, which, I think will go away once you see how beautiful Japan really is. So, I hope you have tons and tons of fun. And, I hope that you're not too stuck in your translating and reading without me packed into that gigantic duffle bag you said you were gonna buy. Have fun, kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about trying to be more outgoing. As you get more comfortable, you will become more so. Also, even though you think the others know more Japanese than you, they probably don't, they just have gotten past the speaking "fear" a little faster than you did.

    Hope you have a great time! Enjoy yourself. You will be fine.

    Diane, Molly's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mina watch tv in Japenese it helps xd trust me you learn stuff because of context clues or what the person is doing hope that can help you. Dun be scared youre gonna have an awesome time.. I love you so much sissy!! Ashley

    ReplyDelete