Sunday, June 14, 2009

Church and Tea

First things first: I`m working on the pic thing! sorry about that!!
Second, to JT: I tried looking for the shirt, but again, the looks we were getting were aweful. And as for my grammer, you try typing on a Japanese computer. . . its so hard!!!
Miles I`ll ask Ayumi to teach me.
And again, Mrs. Emily, how can I get water? And I messed up. It`s mugicha. Good, but not water. In fact today I resorted to drinking some when I washed my hands.

So today! First, we got up and went to church! It was about a thirty minute walk for Ayumi and I, because I didn:t have a bike yet. Curch itself was VERY confusing. . . very very. . .all in Japanese. . . So hard... We did sing Amazing Grace though, and some of the slower psalms, I could sing along reading the hiragana. I`m pretty amazing at it now.
At the end of the sermon, I was asked to come up and introduce myself. That was scary.
Afterwards I met a lot of people. Some spoke a little English, most spoke none. The Pastor and his wife lived in America for two years, and one woman, who was exceedingly nice, had lived in America for 6 years. It was the first time in a long time I could speak English like I usually do.
We then cleaned the church and kindergarten classrooms. The Kindergarten where okaasan works in connected to the church. After that we ate lunch, AND there was a water fountain type thing. So I got water. A lot of water. And my first Japanese onigiri! Salmon filling, my favourite! So yummy! and some more American styled food. Ayumi also left to go meet some friends in Tokyo.

Afterwards I got my bike. From what my okaasan and otoosan said, it belonged to an old man who could no longer ride it, so he was lending it to me. And let me say, Japanese bikes are amazing. It took me awhile to get the hang of kicking off, but after a few tries, its all good. Japanese bikes are hard to explain, but they are the old kind with baskets and you sit up straight when you ride one. I`ll get a picture later.

So, okaasan, otoosan, and I then went on an adventure. We rode our bikes to a tea shop. A friend of okaasan`s worked at the shop, and we were given real green tea and green tea ice cream. Both of which where delicious. Then her friend gave be a cute little jar with some green tea leaves in it, so I can make my own tea when I get home!! I found it ironic that the store had a classical Japanese version of Amazing Grace playing. It was so serene, I don`t think I will ever forget my trip to the tea shop!
Then we proceeded to a supermarket, not the one Ayumi and I went to the day before. There we bought supplies for tonights nights dinner: SUSHI! YES! So, we shopped and left, I got to put a bag in my bike-basket, and we went home.

And, today I decided whould be a good day for gifts, so I wrapped all of them once we got home. It took awhile, but they are all wrapped now and when Ayumi gets home I will give them to everyone.

I`m uploading more pictures; password is off, and purikura pics are being posted!!!

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n157/MinaBlack/

OMG! I totally forgot to mention! In July YFU has invited me to a Tea Ceramony and a Kabuki production. I can`t wait!!

9 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really fun day. Still missing you. Have oodles and oodles of fun. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day! Did you learn how to make sushi? I'm glad you got a bike. LOL at imagining your dad on a Japanese bike!

    Keep having fun!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it sounds like you're having an amazing time!! It all sounds wonderful... The bike sounds alittle funky to use lol.

    Loves and Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your bike super heavy like Miss Emily told us? And, really? No water, no bottles at the supermarket even? Now i really really reallyyyyyy want an onigiri. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are having fun. It would be so cool to see all the new stuff you are seeing. Be careful on the bike so you don't zig when you should have zagged. Have fun. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds Amazing... I took a look at your photo gallery... It looks like so much fun. I am so jealous... LOL, Glad to see that you finally made it to your family! Keep posting pictures...

    -Zach

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mina I doubt that you check your comments every time but I wonder if church there is like church here? What kind of church was it? I remember you telling me not many are christians there so perhapse a catholic church but Idk they sang especially not amazing grace but Thats cool you heard it two times in one day I will look at your pictures but Tonight Im really sleepy. Ironically Ive been thinking about you and God Weird isnt it? I mean Im sure youre busy and stuff but Idk maybe think about it I just keep thinking about you and God but yea.. Im glad youre having a good time your outfit is so cute hope you read this x.x cuz Im not reading anything else tonight.. I love you so much sis,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amelia san! Sorry I'm just now getting to your blog. Sounds like you're having lots of adventures! Do you remember when I told you that they gave us mugicha when we had machetes and were chopping down trees at a remote Japanese camp? It's not very hydrating...seeing as though it's really tea! You can get bottled water...just try 7-11 or a jidohanbaiki on any street corner. Also, if you can't find it there just drink out of the tap at your house. It's plenty clean!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops! That was Emily sensei writing the above! I'm new to this whole blog world! I'll keep up with it more and more. Have fun!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete