Saturday, June 20, 2009

So much!!!!

Okay, so a lot has been going on! I wanted to post two days ago, but I didn`t have time, and last night I was catching a cold, so I went to bed early and slept alot!
But let me try to recap:
So I`ve been working at the kindergarten with all the kids, who are amazing. But yesterday was my last day, along with the three university girls who were working as interns. there was a good by party, and they played the song from Totoro on the hand bells. Tanaka sensei gave my the piano music for it, so Molly, Mrs. Emily, we need to find a piano so we can learn it one Japanese class!! And Michael, I promise to play it for you when I get back.
Last night we went to Inagakuan, my new school, and its pretty impresive. THe school itself has 6 buildings, and all of their clubs (sports etc) have one national awards! They don`t have a girls soccer club, so I was thinking of joining track (yes mom, they have tennis, but I can do that in America!!) but the my regional YFU lady said I should do a Japanese clud. So now I`m debating between Kyudo, Karate, and Kendo. Anyways, the school is so prestigious, that they are even lending me a uniform to wear, and man is it awesome!! I will try to get pics later! There are two students who will elad me around, Rikako and Ami. They are both really nice, and Rikako lives close by, so on days when she doesnt have lacrosse practice, see and I will go and leave school together. On day she does have practice, I will ride the bus.
And after that we went to grandmas! Where a wonderful meal was waiting! I love Japanese food. and her house was very traditional and cool!! Only problems was: i was sick! At kindergarten, we played in one of those kiddy pools, and i got very wet, then I walked around with wet hair, and BAM! Cold. So I was sickly, and a went to bed as soon as we got home! And this morning, I slept a lot, and now, it:s not so bad.
And today!! wooo!!! We went to Tokyo to see a very popular TV show called Shoten. I didnt understand most of it, but it was still interesting! Afterwards we went shopping and I got to eat Ramen!! yuuuuummm!!! Ayumi and I went into a Shonen Jump store and it was interesting. . . Ariel I thought of you!
On the way home we picked up shoes and socks for school, and then we have just been chilling here. There has been more im sure, ill write later.
to add, I called home. it was good to hear fluent english XD I helped Ayumi translate a letter from her host family in Suisse, she leaves in August. and life is pretty sweet!
Molly, sorry I forgot to answer in my last post, but the bikes arent too heavy. They are by no means light, but I`m used to my hulking mountain bike. . . so....
And Jacey, if your reading, I just found out that you really can just pop the memory card into the computer. My host father just showed me.... i was laughing inside
And Ariel, yesterday, I asked a friend what the date was and she told me the 19th... and I went `oh god!!!!` So heres my way late shout out: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! YOU OLD WOMAN!!!!!!! love you and hope it was great!!!
And Jilly (man to many shout outs...) I have been working on the story. I got to listen to the CB song, its great. And cant wait to hear the TH songs!!!!!

love you all!! so much!!!! look forward to your comments! feel free to tell more of what you are doing!! i would love to read!!!
and also I didnt upload pics. . sorry.....

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear the school arrangements. After talking with you the other day, I had images of you being kicked out at the curb and left to figure it out all by yourself.

    And sooooo excited to you went to Tokyo.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally an update! I've been coming twice a day just to hear from you (even though four days isn't much)!

    You get sick too easily... anywho, I'm glad you're feeling better!

    So I guess my skirt won't be needed oh well. I'm glad they gave you a Uni so you won't have to wear my old thing.

    So you've been to Tokyo twice and you haven't done what you need to do.... Unless you already did and you're just going to surprise me for my Bday like last time! AHA! I've figured it out!

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandmother Elene in New Hampshire looked over your blog today at Aunt Nancy's house. She looked through the pictures and was pleased to see you appearing happy. Cousin Lena says "hi" and wants you to know that her last day of kindergarten was Friday and she is now a first grader (well, almost).

    Aunt Nancy, Grandma, and Lena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm glad that you got over your cold quickly!! Don't get too sick!! Hope your days are filled with more fun!!

    Loves and Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness your cold didn't last long. Red, White, and Boom was amazing and I have so many pictures to show you when you get back. Keep up having a great time. We all miss you.

    *huggles*

    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're not sick anymore. And Totoro music? SWEET!!! You know... I can download a piano on my iPhone. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. In addition to what Molly suggested, we also have a small electric keyboard that you can use.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete