Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Where`s Mina!?

Now, Just to be cruel and unusual: guess where I`ve been the last two days! For those of you who guessed a Japanese high school, you`re right!!!! I started attending Inagakuen yesterday, and let me tell you, it`s been an adventure! But before we get started on school, lets talk about Sunday!
JT, just to piss you off more, I went to Tokyo again!! After church, Ayumi and I went straight to Tokyo to hang out! We ate okonomiyaki, which is probably my new favourite food, and then purikura! XD I`m addicted to purikura. Afterwards we went to Ayumi`s school, Aoyamagakuen. There we saw the bands spring preformance. (Ayumi is usually in band, but her instrament is broken so shes not at the moment.) I don`t remember having EVER enjoyed a non-rock music preformance so much!! I really hope it found it`s way to youtube!
It started out with Ayumi`s band, the high school, and they played a song, which was amazing! I wasn`t sleepy throughout the whole thing (I`ll tell about that in a bit)!! Then a smaller band played. . .they were okay, and then the middle school. . . again, only so so. Then it was intermission. After intermission, Ayumi`s band came back, dressed in the coolist outfits. Each section had their own graphic tee, that they disgined, and we all rocked out! They playe3d a bunch of upbeat songs, and had different acts the did! It was AMAZING. I wish Bonner could do something that spectacular!
And then we went home, I was in awe.
And the next day, SCHOOL!
I had to be there early to introduce myself to the teachers, so I took one of the earlier buses (not really that early, but again, I`ll get to that later) and made it school school about an hour before it started. My introduction went smoothly, and then I went back to my class, where a few students were, and I was introduced to people, very few of whom I can remember!
Then The bell rang, and we all got up and went to P.E. which was actually fun! We played handball, but with basketball hoops. I was pretty good, and even scored for my team! Next was English II. I did some of the work, then it turned into kanji, and I got to chill the rest of the time (writing JT!!). After that I had double Japanese. That was interesting. I am enrolled in Japanese for forgeiners, so the class is me, a girl from Germany, and a girl from Swizerland. Both speak Japanese fluently(or so it appears) and would only try to comunicate in Japanese. The teacher was kinda scarey, he gave us work (I worked on work book pages, I think they were writing speeches). I ended up taking that home and having Ayumi help me....
Then lunch! I went back to home room and ate lunch with my new friends! It was raining, so we ate inside. I had a yummy bento, and some tea.
Then English writing. Guess what, I already know that. And the teacher, who speaks English pretty well, knew that. He had me help some in the beginning, and then I got to write and doodle for the rest of the double period. remind me to show you my adorable drawings of the twins when I get back. I tried drawing Geo to, but I had to much trouble. . . During the second period of the class a gurl from Oregon came in and helped the class. It was nice to speak English, but afterwards I felt bad. I realized that I was here to learn Japanese and study Japanese culture, not talk with Americans.
Then Long Home Room (LHR). That was a blast!! Usually, they just have class meetings during that time, but since I was there, we played games!! When you won, you got snacks! So when my friends and I won, we would share snacks with eachother!! And the end, I won two rounds of class Jankenpo (sp?) and got two mini cookies that I brought home for Ayumi and me. I studied most of the night.
During supper, I was introduced to a new game! Sorta like a top. . . yeah. . .
And today! I gto to leave a little later! And first, double P.E.!!! Handball tourny, our team lost first round, so I sat a chilled for the rest of the hour. At the beginning of second period, we went to another room and everyone studied for their tests. I read my book. JT tell you parents its great and thanks for lending it to me (Mila 18 for those who dont know)!!! Then we had Classic Japanese Lit. This was another class I couldn`t really participate in, seeing as how I know a total of about twenty kanji, and the whole class is about reading ancient kanji..... So I read and wrote a little. Studied some.
After that, computers. I really wanted to play on the computer, but they didn`t have the log in info for me, so more reading. The nice girl next to me, Saiko(or Seiko....) showed me that she was reading Angels & Demons, and said it was good.
Then lunch! We got to eat outside!! Totally check out the pictures!! There were a lot of ants, but otherwise it was great!!
Then English Oral. haha there was an actual English speaking woman there too. The class was giving speeches, so not much for me to do. We graded their presentations. Then during the break (another double period) my friends in the class decided that we had to go to Tokyo Disney Land. So when okaasan gets home I`m suposed to ask!
Then SST. Which is hard to exlpain. Pretty much, you go to whatever class you like, and learn something. I ended up in French. You really learn a lot when absolutly NOTHING is in English. The work was all in French, the instructions all in Japanese. And they leanr different stuff then we do, so I was little lost! But it was still fun!
After that two VERY nice girls, Riko and Midori, gave me a school club tour. We went and watched many clubs! They have so many!!!! The soccer team is HUGE, and they have two baseball teams, plus a girls team. Handball, rugby, basketball, gymnastics, then Japanese sports like karate, kyuudo, and kendo. And I`m supposed to join just one! We didn`t get to see all the clubs, so they said that another time we could do another tour. The best thing about Riko and Midori, is they speak English very well, and they are really good at helping me with Japanese. I can calmly ask them questions without them screaming `KAWAII!!!` or `TSUGOI!!` and they answer them. I hope to get to spend more time with them so I can ask questions.

Now to cover other things! Like how I`m tired all the time. It`s getting better, but it used to be almost every time I would sit down I would get so tired! I was almost always tired! The YFU handbook said that was normal (Its really useful). And I think I had cultureshock for awhile. I think I snapped out of it when I met the guy from Oregon. So for now, all is good!

And to JT, you need to understand that Tokyo isnt a city like NY or SF. It`s HUGE! Divided into many different sections. H&M is in Harajuku. I`ve only been in Harajuku once. There is supposedly one in Ginza, but I haven`t been there. I`ve been in Shibuya and Aoyama mostly.
And Molly, I want you`re phone......
I`m uploading pictures. Theres a lot. 67, including two videos I think.....
oh! And mom! I do think my Japanese is improving, but just alittle!!
and thats all for today folks!!! much love from Japan!!!

7 comments:

  1. Will you go to school for your entire stay? Can't wait to hear which club you join! Do they have a tennis club? :) But I understand your wanting to chose a club unique to Japan.

    Be sure to take some pics of your house. Also what is the temp there? We are all hot and miserable here, so I hope you are not experiencing the same. The weather in Tokyo has looked pretty good.

    Do you get to go to Disney Land?

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. DISNEY LAND!?!? Oh my God that'll be so fun! Take a bunch of pics with Goofey and Donald and everyone!
    I know its divided up and stuff but still I keep thinking you're gonna forget...
    UPDATES:
    Tom and Chantelle are going out... again... she seems to really be into him.
    Tom is going to start blogging on the official homepage! Haha sucks for you!
    CB was casting for their 'I Came to Party' vid. It was up on twitter. I think you had to be 18 and live in Berlin (but still!).
    CB is going to start filming it soon. I think Thursday (June 25). Strify tweeted something about it. I'll get you a link when it comes out ^^

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! The pictures and video are great!!! Everything looks awesome and amazing...

    - Zach

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I know. My phone is awesome. ;D But, I wanna go to Disneyland!!!!!! LUCKY! School sounds very fun. Much better than our schools. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you're having tons and tons of fun. Now I wish i could be there with you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know all you are doing. We talk about you so much you would not believe it. I sent mac& cheese to your family and even Miles liked it.

    Carlene & Bill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still can't believe all the fabulous things you are seeing and doing! I like the idea of a parrot - so will your cats! When you come home, rent dvd "Paulie" - adorable - about a Conger parrot. Have more fun and try NOT to get elbowed in the foot again!

    ReplyDelete