Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kamakura

MJ dieing I actually knew about. He was still REALLY popular in Japan. Okaasan told me over breakfast. It was kinda one of those akward moments. I`m not really a fan of MJ (his early stuff was great, but after awhile. . .) and I wasn`t sure if she was either, and she had no clue if I liked him or not so we both just sorta sat there and ate. . .
Anyways, like I said he was stull big here, and a lot of people at school were talking about it... its in the papers, on the radio, and probably on TV too... sorry its just sorta weird
Anyways! Otherly news. JT thanks for the update! So Tom and Chantelle are really together? Could you email me any articles or pics? And also, purikura isnt a food. Its like a photobooth, but you get to edit the pictures. I put some up on my photobucket. the are discribed a purikura.
And Molly, I can`t wait to see Ponyo and take purikura! The girl in my class, Mina, adores Ponyo and has all this cute merch!!! And do you think, if you have time that is, you could type up and email me some of the older stuff we learned in Japanese class? I accidently left my old notebook at home, which really sucks, cause I need it!! I really need the weather stuff!! Please???
And everyone else, thanks for the updates!!!
Also, Mrs. Emily, if you are reading, I`m sorry for mispelling almost every Japanese word I`ve put in here!! I`ve been trying to spell from memory.... Japanese caligraphy is Shodo and its Konpeito not Konpeto (the i really makes a difference....)
So! Heres what has been going down in my life!
きょお, わたしたち わ、鎌倉尾 いきました!!! Not 100% sure thats the kanji for Kamakura, but I tried. . . It says, "Today, we went to Kamakura!" for those of you who dont know, Kamakura is a city full of temples and shrines. It was the shogunate capital of Japan, and also home to the great Daibutsu, or, the big Buddha statue, sometimes called The Great Budda of Kamakura. The place is just beautiful.
The first place we went to was an old Buddhist temple. I have pictures, but theres a lot so I`ll upload them later. Then we went to a Shinto shrine, where we got to see a traditional Japanese wedding!! I got pics a a little video feed. It was sooooooooo pretty!! the even had birds that flew around the place!!!
Then we went to lunch! Real udon! so good! and we had sweet potato icecream!! really yummy, and also crepes!! which are really popular in Japan.
After lunch.... DAIBUTSU!!! It was huge!!! we took so many pictures!! Ayumi and okaasan had fun trying to get the optical illusion things, where it looks like the statue is sitting in your hand, and such. My favourite is the one where Ayu is trying to eat him. Its great, I`ll get it up later, promise!!! Then we went up to see him! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOLL!!!! and for 20円 (about 20cents) we got to go INSIDE the statue!! It was creepy like a cave.... When you go in, first you go down this set of stairs to the base of the statue, then a turn, and its pitch black as you climb up a set of really narrow and steep stairs into the statue. After a few seconds your eyes ajust, and its not so dark. I have pics of that too!! so ill post them when I get time!!! Promise!!!
We took the bus back to the train station, I almost fell asleep, then the hour train ride to Ageo (i swear it was longer....), then biking home. Joy... so Im way tired!!! And I still gotta shower cause we have church tomorrow!!!
Love you all!!
And Hahn!!! I just wanna say how much I love you, and I am so glad that you are reading these!!!
And Megan and Mom, thanks for bringing them to her!
Much love!!!

5 comments:

  1. Ok, so you now the news here is just like in Japan. MJ is on the radio, newspapers, tv . . . Kamakura sounds fantastic. I can't wait to see your pics. Going down in the statue sounds like awesome material for a story!

    Looking forward to those pics!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yah... photobooth... i feel stupid now... haha
    and the chantelle/tom thing... idk. its not much. it says that she looks like shes more into him than him to her. good news for you! lol
    so CB DID do their video shoot... all their twitters were raving about it. shin says he has blue hair and yu says he was green...
    oh ya! and im at a swim meet right now. typing on my lovely laptop *huggles*
    dropped in everything yesterday. 800 free - 10:30, 50 free - 29:33, 400 IM - 5:53.
    Today i went a 2:21 in my 200 free. i think ill make finals yay!
    cant wait to see the pics.

    gotta go ^^
    JT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah..... the Chantelle/Tom thing.... she said before that "he wasn't her type" then went back and said "he was her type but that one of her friends had warned her about him and how he has a different girl every weekend" or something like that.....ANYWAY! Still missing you here! LOVE YOU UBER MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwww. Way to leave it at home, silly. Haha. Yes, I will do that for you. And, I downloaded a free purikura app. It's really fun. I played with it a bit this morning. :D It is sooooo hot here. So hot. It's ridiculous. I can't wait to see your pictures. I wanna see the shrines and temples. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see the shrines and temple pictures too. The wedding sound interesting. Glad you had a good time, hope you get some rest.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete