Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kindergarten and Konpeto

When I get back home, I`m dropping out of highschool to become a kindergartener. Today I was Amiria sensei; Eigo sensei; eigo hito, etc etc. Eigo hito was the most interesting. It literally means English person, for those who don:t know Japanese.

Before I go into detail, let me tell about yesterday. I went with okaasan to Nita-chans house. Nita-chan is the friend from the teashop. We had a small party, and i got to help make some of the food. We had sushi, anko no ohagi, kinako no ohagi and some other things. I helped make the ohagi. And yes, mom, I learned how to make sushi. Anyways, the party was really fun! There were a lot of people (pictures uploaded). They were all friends of okaasan and their children. Nanami-chan is a year older then me, but we got along very well. Her mother and I had fun trying to comunicate.
I also recieved a lot, and I mean a lot, of gifts. Luckily most of it was food, so I am sharing it with my family. I brought Nitachan a gift to thank her for the tea, and she gave me more in return T.T so I`m still in debt. But it was great! we were there most of the day, and came home and started dinner.
After dinner, Ayumi and I hung out. We played with her electronic dictionary, which was so much fun! we would look up phrases in different languages. Even though it was a Japanese dictionary, it had a definition in English and Japanese. We spent a good hour doing that and studying German and Japanese.

Today I went to kindergarten, as I said above. I was sort of a teacher, sort of a student. Most of the kids and I got along well. I can:t help but think they said some not so nice things about me not knowing Japanese, but they were so cute I couldn:t stay mad at them.
I was there the whole day, and by the end I had collected so many gifts! To many... It was mostly oragami, which is amazing for little kids, and flowers, that I:m going to have to throw out soon. But so cute! I made a lot of little friends, adn somehow we managed to comunicate. I also made friends with many of the teachers. The teachers in my group look so young, I couldn:t believe they were out of high school, but they were all in their 20s.
I will go again tomorrow, and I can:t wait!!

When I got home, I helped Ayumi make dinner. Okaasan had to stay after and didnt get home until otoosan, Nao, Ayumi, and I had finished eating cake. It was a fun dinner, regardless. Nao kun doesnt talk to me a lot because he can:t speak English and my Japanese is so limited, but at tonight at dinner we all talked. We even watched the news together, which featured a lot of Japanese talking and creepy North Korean displays. Here North Korea is very scarey, seeing as how they launch missles over Japanese airways, but no one is to worried yet.

When okaasan came home, she had mail for Ayumi. One of her friends writes a comic, and a new chapter had just been finished. She has three of them, all in nice covers. They look very professional! I am going to read them when I:m done writing!!

As for the water thing, all good! Otoosan bought a cardboard box full of 2 litter water bottles the other day and said I could drink them (he also said they were only 68 yen, about 70 cents. I wish water in the US was that cheap!!
And Mr. and Mrs. Shope, for breakfast I usually have rice, miso soup (with an array of things in it) and something different my okaasan makes everyday.
Oh! And I totally forgot anout Konpeto!! Its my new favourite candy! Ayumi got it as a gift, but didn:t like it so much. Nao kun and I ended up eating a lot of it tonight! Very yummy!!
And Natsu ate the last of my Rittersport. I really hope he doesn:t get sick. And I must say he has skill. He opened my suitcase, pulled out many things without damaging anything, got out the chocolate, and closed the suitcase. Skillz. Luckily there were only two pieces left, and he seems okay. Sadly, I:m out of chocolate....
well! more later!! much love!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that food at the party looked fabulous! Also, I have to ask what is up with the peace sign? I am glad Otoosan got you some water - very, very nice of him. I'm also curious if your Japanese is getting better.

    I hope you have another exciting day!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do a google search on Konpeto your blog is the second hit. Thought you might like to know that. Glad you are having a good time.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you're having fun! Ich liebe dich!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol!! Got to love the chocolate!! I'm glad that you're having so much fun!! Miss you here!!

    Loves and Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!! that food looked so good!!! Well Ill talk to you later...

    - Zach

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHH!!! 3 updates and I haven't commented on a SINGLE one!!! D:

    Yay, you can make sushi now! Even though I'm not too big a fan, I'm still making you make me some!

    Take me back to Kindergarden with you!

    The shirt you were wearing in the Jun 16th pics was awesome! :D

    And I know you might not be able to go listen to it right now, but I'm going to post it anyways... CB GOT A NEW SONG OUT! AND OMG ITS AMAZING
    (I'm so sorry if you can't watch it but I'm keeping you posted. Oh yah, new american album, BANG!, releasing Aug 25 including songs from Final Attraction and Toyz) Hope you can hear it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61OhHLhSxSM&feature=related

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna go back to kindergarten!!! Was there nap time? :D And that food sounds delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yah and 2 TH songs were just leaked onto the web. They were up and taken down in less than an hour. But I got them!

    Just keeping you posted sorry its all off topic -_-U

    JT

    ReplyDelete