Friday, July 17, 2009

SORRY!

Okay, so its been a week... whoops! promise I`m not dead, just slammed!!
So! Catch-up!
土曜日(Saturday):
HARAJUKU!!!! OMG Harajuku purikura is amazing. just wanna start with that! lol
so i met my friend Rikako at Ageo station early in the morning (9) and we took the train (meeting Kanako on the way) to Harajuku. First thing we did was buy these really cool bracelets that someone constom writes your name or w/e on them! so cool! mine says アメリア on it! so cute!! then Purikura!!!!!! LOVE! and somehow, by the time that was all done, it was lunch time.... oddly enough! so we went to a スイパ ! or something like that.... english: sweets palace. its pretty much a sweets buffet! AMAZING. I kept thinking the whole time, `Mom would kill me....` i have pictures of our plates are being uploaded. Don`t worry, before we ate the sweets, we did have an actual lunch. Pics are up. The shop was adorable, but no pics.... T.T
then we went shopping!!! lol i actually only bought a dress and some things at Claires.... Japan has a better Claires than we do! Not fair!
日曜日(Sunday):
MRS.EMILY AND MOLLY! THIS IS FOR YOU! XD
Let me tell a story. One time when Mrs. Emily went to Japan, she had to do a team building excercise that involved cutting down trees with machetes.
Sunday, I had to get up early and go to a lot close to the church were the members were cutting grass... with those tiny little sythe things you see in museums. I`m not kidding... afterwards we were rewarded with canned tea.... not water... oh well, it was good XD
After church, (which wasnt so bad, I found a book in english about philosophy) my ojiisan took okaasan, otoosan, and me to a really nice chinese resturant. Otoosan and i rode there and met okaasan and ojiisan. On the way I saw a zepplin. It was sooooooooooo freaking cool! It was just like in Kiki`s Delivery Service (and yes that was the first thing that popped into my head!)!!!!
The food was great!
ANd later okaasan, Ayu, and I went to Papa`s, the local shopping center, to get Ayumi some new shoes. Her other pair broke awhile ago. That was my first taste of the stationary stores Mrs. Emliy is always talking about.... Japan has the greatest accesories!!!
月曜日(Monday):
more testing at Ina, so I got to stay home. Ayumi is on summer break.
So first, Ayumi and i slept in. HEAVEN! And then we went to Maruhiro, the shopping center by the train station, and I went on a mini shopping spree. I bought a lot of cute little things at the stationary shope!!! looooooooooove those.!!!
Then we went to Kawagoe..... I can`t express in words how amazing Kawagoe is. honestly.
Its a very historic town, and it`s sooooooooo cute! I think the only thing it was missing was a sea port. It really looked like a sea side town.... but it was so much fun! The shop owners would put everything outside, and you just picked stuff up, as you walked by, and paid for it at the end!
We also went to a famous temple there, which was so cool! Pictures are being uploaded!
火曜日(Tuesday):
School.
Karate.... practice with the Judo club... oww.... very oww.... I still have rugburns on my elbows. It was probably the most intense workout I have had in a long time! After warm ups, I was so exhausted, I was shaking and my heart was all weak and stuff. Luckily I got a little rest time while the judo club taught up some throws. I watched mostly. Then we played a game (okay it wasn`t really a game, but it was to me!!). It was a basic fighting game. The goal was to land a touch, not punch or kick, on the other person as many times as possible within a time frame. It was soooooo much fun! lol
水曜日(Wednesday):
School.
Karate.
I can`t really remember this day.... sorry.... oh! wait! this was the day Ayu and I were messing around on the computer, listening to different songs. I showed her Carameldansen and she was like `Oh! Uma uma!!` it`s well known here, and we went and watch videos... lots. and of course sung it for the rest of the night!!
木曜日(Thursday):
We had double music period today. At the beginning, our teacher handed out a song randomly. Then sent altos and sopranos to different rooms (teacher worked with the boys) and we learned the whole thing in that time. Towards the middle of the second period, we all came back to the class room and sang. It was almost perfect! AMAZING! I still have the sheet music!! YAY! I couldn`t help but think how in choir it would take us weeks to get through a song all the way, and here these kids did it in under an hour and 30 min. And this isn`t even a choir. Its a class that meets once a week. How cool is that? I really wish I could have recorded what we sounded like. It was beautiful!!
Karate, which I was late for because I had to finish a project with my friend Ami. It turned out great, and Karate was a blast, as always! lol at the end we took pictures, which was soooooooooooo much fun!
I was freaking out because I had to give a speech the next day.......... I was writing a little more to it, and Ayumi helped me get it all translated into Japanese. I also had to make a bracelet for Rikako. She wanted one, cause I had made one for Kanako the day before (she saw mine when we went to Harajuku and thought they were cute). At 9 okaasan says we are going to visit a friend. I was a little freaked out cause I was tired, and still had to finish the bracelet and the speech. Okaasan said only for 30 min, so I said okay and we went to the 5th floor of out appartment building to her friends. She has two dogs, one of which hates me.
We ended up staying there for about an hour, so when we got home I had to rush to finish everything, and then take a shower.... i didn`t get to bed until almost midnight.
金曜日、今日(Friday, today):
I thought I was going to die when I got up this morning. I felt like a zombie..... I had only a slice of peanut butter toast for breakfast cause I felt like I would throw anything else up. The peanut butter was great.
So I got to school and was freaking out about my speech. Oh! Sorry, today was my last day as a student at Inagakuen. So I had to give a speech at the closing ceremony (they were getting ready for summer vacation). So I gave my sad little speech, and the Maxie, the German exchange student, gave an amazing one. Shes beet here for a year though.....
So after the closing ceremonies, was probably the saddist part of my time here. I had to say goodbye to everyone.... i got a lot of gifts, and took a lot of pictures, and refused to say `sayonara` on `ja ne!` or `mata ne!` which means `see you later`
I got a certificate from the principle on which my birthday is wrong....
And karate, made me so sad. After practice (which got I thought ended early, even though we still got our three hours in....) I was given a small square poster board with a message from everyone on it. Most of it is in Japanese, so when I`m done, I`m going to ask Ayumi to help me translate. Then I got one of the pictures we took the day before in a cute frame. I was ready to cry. Aina also gave me a really cute hair clip from Claires. It is a Yukata accsory, and I know them to be very expensive... but its beautiful! I wish I had had better gifts to give everyone.
After Karate, Aina and I went to the shopping center close to Inagaku for... you guessed it! PURIKURA!!!!! YAYAAYAYAYA!!! and crepes! which are so good!
The bus home was sad. I am really going to miss Aina...

Comments

Nancy: Thank you for clarifying that for me! I had always been a little curious! lol

JT: You crack me up! As for homework, kids in Japan don`t have a lot. They are to busy studying to bother with things like homework. Instead teachers give them all the answers then they study it for HOURS until they memorize it all for the tests. At least, that`s how I understand it to be. We hardly turned anything in. Some classes they needed to write speeches in English for, but since I already know English, I didn`t have to lol Yes I chose karate, and it was soooooooo much fun! My foot is mostly okay. sometimes a little sore, but okay. And trust me I`m going to see that movie. Also, one of the ALT`s (who is now my penpal and moving to Sweden) name is Jillian. Thought you should no. I forgot the Jost thing.... which makes me very sad. We have to many inside jokes....

Kayla: Believe it or not Kayla, I do want to see you again lol I am going up to Legends to see HP on the 24. dont know what time yet... JT WILL be there to!

Molly: Dude, I found it! And Everyone here knows it! lol I told Ayumi about it and she`s like `Oh yeah! that song!` the tittle is Fish Heaven in english, and I found it online, just not a single... still looking. Karate is amazing, and I`m going to keep it up in the US, so it better be just as cool or I`M gonna be mad... And I still have your address! don`t Worry!!

Mom: you and JT.... LOL

Heather: good to hear! Can you email me more info?

Anonymous: I think mom said this was Sally... Karate is a blast! And you should talk to the ALT Jill who is moving to Sweden with her husband in August! lol

Zach: because I have forgotten this in every post until now... what does ` Griffonner sur une faience` mean? there are two dots above the `i` in faience. It is on the cup I use. I did manage to get a pen pal in Suisse though. She speaks French! Since you are so lonely, you should come see HP on the 24 with us. Also, I need you address, so plz email it to me!!

Nancy: Oh god, the heat these last few days has been aweful! It hasn`t rained, so it was just hot. Not quite hot enough where you are sweating a enough for the wind to cool you off. Ugh! It was miserable.... T.T it rained last night though, so the tempurature went down. Does Lena need any particular thing that maybe I could get for her here?

And I`m done for now! i have other things to do!!!!!!!!! BYE!! じゃ また!!!

8 comments:

  1. YAY IM FIRST AGAIN!!! haha well now i actually have to read it XD

    JT

    oh yah, guess what?! its 65 degrees outside, AND SUNNY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning JT!

    The pics on the blog are way cool. The video of you doing karate reminds me of "pictures" in Harry Potter. It just keeps moving while you read the blog!

    Wish I could have a crepe! Reminds me of the delicious one we had in Japan Town in San Fran.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. OKAY so im done reading! I just had to get my little thingie in there just incase your Monique was reading it at the same time! Speaking of, she told me that you and me were to see the HP movie @ 6 on friday. I was telling some friends that my friend's mom was setting up the date/time for us to hang out and they thought it was hilarious!
    I watched some of your karate. Wow you go girl! If we ever get jumped in an ally I'm counting on you got it?!
    Sooooo much Purikura! My god doesn't that get expensive Miss No-I-Will-Not-Spend-Any-Money-While-I-Experience-A-Once-In-A-Lifetime-Chance-In-Japan??? ... You have NO idea how long it took to type that XD
    I haven't looked at your pictures from the Sweets Palace yet but I can't wait! Culinary arts facinate me. Like wedding cakes. Those are amazing!
    Hmmm... well not much else to say... Well since you don't email me anymore (dude what's up with that?!) I guess I'll tell you here!
    So this weekend I'm going out to the lake (its about an hour from the house) for a family reunion. And my dad said I could bring some friends. So I invited Ben and Shale (we're like besties now). And when I told my mom I was inviting them she's all "Why don't you hang out with girls anymore Jillian?!"
    So I think she'll be glad you're home, she's tired of all my conversations starting out with "OMG SO AT PRACTICE BEN AND SHALE...!" Haha
    AND WHERE IS MY POSTCARD?!?!?
    D:<

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have beat you JT, but I READ the blog first!

    :)

    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully you will find a way to keep in touch with everyone!! Oh, I found out what was wrong with my knee!! But, I shall email that later!! Well, I hope that you keep on having fun and I shall blog ya later lol

    Loves and Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lena NEEDS nothing. Being an only child and a girl, she is swimming in toys and clothes and shoes. That girl loves a nice pair of shoes!!

    Lena is very into animals - horses, dogs, cats, etc. She is quite into art stuff right now - spin art, spiral art, origami (although she is not very good at it yet).

    We have been telling her about Japan and she seems interested in the characters in writing and in the high speed train there. She has these 2 rubber toys - one is a shark and one is a dolphin. She pushes their heads inside their bodies and asks if I want "sushi." Not exactly sure where she got that but it must be related to our talking about how much fish they eat in Japan.

    I hope it cools down soon. It was 86 and humid here today so we can relate to your situation at this point.

    Love the video and pictures you put on the blog.

    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude. That's amazing. OH! And I saw Alan the other day at Legends. He's working on a Japanese translation project and then I think he said he's gonna do a festival/party type thing for his mom's kids. It sounded really cool. I can't believe that you actually had a community service experience like Mrs. Emily. That's so awesome and hilarious. No lie. You're also making me wish that we had purikura here. Cause we'd be ALL over that. Haha. But really. Ponyo. It's supposed to be in most theaters, so we'll have our pick, I'm sure. As for HP, it's completely EPIC WIN. Seriously. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amelia san! I can't believe they still use machetes to cut things and give migicha afterwards....some things never change! Love seeing your pictures!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete