Friday, July 10, 2009

Past Three Days!

Okay, so the other day when I wrote about sweating? Yeah, I didn`t know the meaning of the word sweat. On top that I suppose you`re all wondering what club I joined, seeing as how I`ve been back at school for three days. I joined Karate club. After warm up stretches, everone is literally dripping sweat. Like, you can see it fall off our faces and hit the floor. Next to some of the guys are nice little puddles. I`m not kidding, not one bit. But oddly enough, it`s not that hot. . . .
So! Quick three day recap! GO!
Wednesday (水曜日):
Back to school! To tell you the truth I was scared all day about joining a club. How dumb was that? We only had half days at school this week, so when homeroom ended at 12:30ish I went with Riko, who is kind enough to show me around (again!) to the gym where Karate club meets. Well, then we realized club activities didn`t start until 1:30, so we went to the convienient store across the street and bought lunch. I had a bento, so I just bought a drink and some snacks to share. The convientient store is called Lawson, which I thought was really weird... Miles, isn`t that one of you friends last names. . .?
So then I ate with her and her friends, and headed back to the gym. By that time the only girl in the club was there. It didn`t take long for her to realize I didn`t speak much Japanese, as it didn`t take me long to realize she didn`t speak much English. Oh boy! Well luckily Ayumi lent me her electronic dictionary! So I managed to convey that I wanted to join the Karate club. She was thrilled cause that meant another girl on the team.
So then the boys started to show up. Guess what? None of them spoke English either!! The dictionary was very useful! Everyone in the club is really nice! Sensei wasn`t there that day.
After that, the girl, Aina, and I figured out that we both rode the same bus home. We also figured out we are the same age, and that we were both really hot and wanted icecream...back to Lawsons!! We ate those lemon ice things you can find everywhere it seems, but in Japan, they have a real lemon slice in them!
When I got home I had to take a shower, I was so gross and sweaty!! Afterwards Ayu and I went to obaachan`s house and ate dinner because okaasan was at a camp with the kindergarten. After dinner Ayumi and I triend on yukata for the summer festival. It was a blast!!
Then we went home and I can`t remember much of what happened.
Thursday (木曜日):
Let`s skip over how long it took me to spell Thursday right, and talk about my day! XD
... Rikako and some other friends invited me to go to Harajuku on Saterday! I asked okaasan that night and she said it was okay!!! YAY!! I also ordered a class teeshirt! They wont be in until after I leave, but Rikako said she would mail it to me.
To Karate club! My friend Eri came with me because her club didn`t start until 8:00pm, and took pictures. I feel so sorry for her, you could tell she was bored. Sometimes she would be sleeping, other times looking at the sports fields (the gym in on the second floor, and has a great view!!). Pictures of Karate, soccer, and rugby were taken by her!
Sensei was there that day and he revieled that two of the boys actually could speak English, they just didn`t want to. One was, in fact, in my English grammer class, and happened to sit next to me... I just didn`t notice! oops! Every day we do these little sparring matches. on Wednesday I did`t because no one really knew what to do with me and didn`t want me getting hurt. That was smart, but boring! On Thursday I did get to spar, and guess what? I got hurt! Haha!! I got elbowed in the foot, as odd as that sounds. . . it`s really hard to explain.... Anyways, at first I thought three of my toes where broken, but I could still move them so I figured even if they were, it didn`t matter. I finished out the practice (which was great!) and went home. Took a shower, and Ayu and I went to obaachan`s again! This time we got to play the shamisen (pics and videos up!). By this time my actual foot was starting to hurt, and by the time we left I could hardly walk. So! I spent all night hobbling around, which was hilarious! I managed to wrap it so Ayumi and I could go to the 7eleven and use the ATM for when I go to Harajuku.
Friday (金曜日):
Today! Okay, so today was pretty normal, until Health&Care. It`s just like our health class at school, but in Japanese and co-ed.... today we watch a video about some weird Japanese pregnancy thing. It`s like some sorta of therapy/baby bonding/delivery method. It was akward.... for me at least. There isn`t a lot of censorship in Japan, and lets leave it at that.
After that... boring. I`m rereading Pretty Birds since I finished Mila18 ages ago.
At Karate I met the two graduating seniors, one girl one boy. Today we had an actual match... that scared the absolute crap outta me. The day before was sparring, today was fight to win. I only had to fight one, against Aina, luckily. I probably have bruises from where she kicked me! But it was fun! The boys` fights were scary. I was so glad I didn`t have to fight them . . . so glad...
Anyways, then I went home and no one was here. I took a shower, I`m doing some laundry, and just now Nao came home. I`ve been here alone for about 2 1/2 hours now. It`s kinda creepy being alone here.
So! Comments! Thank you so much to everyone who commented! However, I know there are still more people, Mom tells me about you! XD
Mom: Haha I knew you said that! I was doing research and on Wikipedia that was one of the things listed in pop-culture.
Nancy, Lena, and Grammy: Tsugoi! Tell Lena I will be happy to teach her any time!! As for the peace signs, I honestly haven`t a clue, everyone just uses them!
Zach: It`s cool, how was the video stuff? and I haven`t gotten to study French really. . .
Molly: Yeah but the video is to big to upload. . . >< I`ll look for the sakana song. . . wish me luck with that XD
Janice: Darnit! I was gonna ask about the blueberries to!! I really want some right now! There`s watermelon in Japan, but it`s not as big as in America and it`s a sphere. And yes, I have probably had enough fish to last me three life times!! XD
Kayla: i get home on the 23, but I`m going to be so tired then. I`m going to try to see HP on the 24 at Legends though. I wanna see it before we leave for South Dakota the next day.
Diane: I would die if I hadn`t figured it out! My favourite band is German so if I wanna play there DVDs I have to use the computer. It`s not to bad if theres a breeze!
JT: LOSER! You`re almost last! But I`m glad you liked the cookie. I`m going to do my best to get the shirts tomorrow! That`s my mission!!!
Heather: XD smooth
Nancy... again!: I don`t think we have had a day about 90, honestly. But humidity is about 100%... or more! So it`s mostly humidity.... Tell Lena to have fun! And that horses are way cool! So are cats and dogs!!
Okay! So two last notes! I wanna tell about the other night.
I woke up around .... umm. .. probably 3 in the morning because of the wind. I always sleep with the window open incase theres a breeze. That night, holy cow! it was like a tornado... well, as much of a tornado as you can get in Japan. The wind here is really soft, if that makes any sense. But it was REALLY windy and felt soooooooooooo good! On top of that, the sky was cloudless and the moon was out. This was the first time I had seen the moon in Japan... it was beautiful, but really small....
and the other! I want a Congo African Gray! It started when I first read Pretty Birds, and then we read something about talking birds in English class. The birds grow to develop the human speech capability of a 6 year old! How cool is that!?But I don`t want it to talk as much as I want it to make cool noises like Pretty Bird.
And also! I need address! I have post cards, and a bunch of you I forgot to collect from! So please EMAIL them to me!!
okay! Laterz!

10 comments:

  1. Okay I looked up on the web some info about the v-sign thing. Seems like a common explanation (who knows if it is true)for the v-sign thing goes like this:

    Around the Second World War, the Japanese copied the sign from US soldiers who were using it as a "V"ictory sign but the Japanese were using it as a "peace" sign. After being bombed, you can see how the Japanese were signaling for peace. Now, it is used less politically. It is used to express happiness (like a smile).

    Interesting.

    Have a great day!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^
    Ohmygosh! Your mom isn't the first to comment!!!
    ...
    YES I BEAT HER!!!
    ...ahem...
    It sounds like you never have homework because you're always doing something? Is that true?
    And the Karate club. Interesting. Didn't think you'd pick that one. Actually I had NO idea what you would choose. XD
    Nice job with your toes by the way. Good thing they aren't broken!

    Oh yes, and I decided I'm NOT going to see the HP movie at midnight, but rather wait to see it with you!
    SO YOU BETTER GO!!!

    So glad you updated, I thought you got eaten by Godzilla or something. You had me very worried

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yah, and if you don't know my address, I swear to God... no wait JOST!!!
    HAHA! Do you remember that!?!?!

    JT

    Lol, 2 comments. What a beast

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... imma say it again. Sounds like you're having a blast. i can't wait to see you again. I miss you. On the off chance that you wanna see me when you get back just come over. We're not moving as soon as we thought we were so.... yeah. Kels will be back from Illinois about the same time. I actually think we're going to get her on the 24th and 25th... anyways. LOVE YOU! KISSES AND HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I came to wish you luck on finding me the Sakana song. Haha. :D And, I wanna see that Totoro video when you get back. But, Karate club? That sounds incredibly awesome. I wish we had amazing clubs like that here. I'm jealous. I'm also hoping that you still have my address, since I gave it to you right before you left. But if you don't, just say so. So, keep having fun, kid. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The toe thing sounds very painful, I hope they are getting better!

    Give me a break JT - it was Championships!

    Glad you are going shopping!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you kick butt!!! lol!! well, tash is doing great^^ stay cool!! it gets pretty hot here too which really sucks. well, i hope you have a great week!!

    Loves and Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are having fun. I'll bet karate is fun. Stay cool, I hate being hot, so I can't imagine how hot it is there. I think if I go to another country, I might go to Denmark or Finland, shouldn't be too hot in the summer there, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. its all good, I understand that its hard to study French while you are in japan trying to speak Japanese...LOL ^_^ Anyway, summer has been full of awesomeness here for me at least, My college thingy was awesome met some cool ppl, and I got to work with professionals, my instructor was a freakin producer and editor!!!!! ^_^ it was fun, but I am excited because the Harry Potter Movie comes out tomorrow (Tuesday) and I am going to see it at Midnight!!! The sad part is Victoria left for New York on Friday! I am very sad because I am all lonly for the Summer now.... LOL but another good thing is I might be getting a job, a few places (meaning multiple) said they didn't have anything for summer, cause they have there employees, but the first of august when all there college kids leave, they have positions for me... WOW look, my post is already really long, well ill ttyl....... Ill see ya when you get back!!!! TXT me when you do get back so we can hang out!!!

    - Zach

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just checked the weather in Tokyo and it looks like it is back up in the high 80s with humidity - and thunderstorms in the forecast. Hope you are holding up okay.

    I think you just have one more week before heading back home. Enjoy your remaining time.

    I have started dong back to school shopping for Lena. Summers sure fly by!

    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete